Daily Listening Activities
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama On Easter

2 posters

Go down

Obama On Easter Empty Obama On Easter

Post by Admin Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:41 pm

This video was about the current American problems and the current American values during the spring time holiday of Easter. The video features advanced level vocabulary and expression.

How do you feel about government sponsoring religious holiday activities? Why?
Sample Essay Answer
Around the world traditions are celebrated and mixed with government to varying levels and degrees. As an American, I have met many people from around the world who disagree with me when I say that I feel the State and holidays should not be combined. I have two reasons for holding this opinion and will explain why in the following paragraphs.
First and foremost, the equal expression of everyone is important. One of my favorite parts of the year is when the holidays come and I can visit the wonderful and decorated areas of the city, however I insist that the City not take part, other than decorating the parks with lights and offering holiday activities. Allowing everyone in the community to come out and get together is encouraging when specific religions are not highlighted nor excluded.
The second reason comes from the point of view of finance and budget. Individuals and businesses alike should be receiving incentives to decorate and celebrate in their communities. The government should provide security to the people who wish to celebrate, nonetheless being able to celebrate privately. Public servants should refrain from displaying religious signs while in public offices and buildings, except in their own immediate work areas and at their own costs.
Recapping on the first point, allowing everyone to celebrate and come together without necessarily marking one specific holiday allows universal expression. Moreover people should be able to celebrate their beliefs where they would like, just not with the use and benefit of government resources.
[/justify]
5 min planning 15 min writing 5 min review

Admin
Admin

https://dailylistening.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Obama On Easter Empty Re: Obama On Easter

Post by Tom Fazio Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:43 pm

The essay was very interesting however it lacked the time and preparation of a complete essay.

Tom Fazio

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:46 pm

Well, Tom, thanks for you input, but the essay was designed to be short and written quickly. On average the listener should spend no more than 20 minutes on the essay!! Thanks again!!

Admin
Admin

https://dailylistening.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum